Pages

Saturday 2 June 2012

Juneathon day 2 - still not dead!

Managed just over 5k in 40 mins today, in 5 minute bursts with 1 minute walking in between each one. Although I'm not very fast I'm still happy to be covering this distance. However as the month goes on I do hope to get faster - I used to be able to 5k in under 30 minutes so there's a way to go yet. The actual running itself didn't feel particularly hard today either - I could've gone for longer, or with fewer walking minutes - however a few hours after I ran I can really feel my legs and I have aches in bits of me I'm not aware that I actually use when I'm running, so I'm a bit nervous of how I'm going to feel about running tomorrow (particularly given a forecast of rain all day and the lure of a day-long street party). We shall see.

3 comments:

  1. Our eyes are on you... don't 'not do it'... even if it is just a short run around the block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job and good luck tomorrow with your run. It is 105 here today, so I'd take rain anyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments - they definitely helped me muster up the motivation to get going today!

    ReplyDelete