Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Juneathon day 17 - not in the zone

Today was a struggle. I really, really wasn't in the zone at all. I put off going out all day and when I finally did muster up sufficient motivation to get off my arse everything hurt. I started with the intention of going for a fairly gentle 5k but it soon became clear that even that would be a challenge. My calves felt very tight today, on top of which my knees are both sore from my fall on saturday night and my right knee in particular complained a lot about being forced to run. I often have twinges in my knees when I run but I think today's were clearly related to falling so heavily on them. I've also been having twinges in my right thigh for the last few days, which was also a problem today. It wouldn't have been enough to stop me running if everything else had been on top form but added to a list of complaints it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. I pottered round the block - a fairly puny effort but another run which definitely wouldn't have happened without Juneathon and I'm pleased to have at least done something and not broken my streak. Back on the treadmill tomorrow I think.

I wasn't sure of the etiquette of posting pictures of one's injuries but since my boyfriend posted pictures of his bloody knuckles (boxing injury) on his blog I figure it's ok to show my knee to the world. People of a nervous disposition - look away now. Knee fetishists and perverts - knock yourselves out.
As is always the way, it doesn't look
like much but it hurts like hell.

Day 17 - 2 k in 13 minutes
Runningfree stats

No comments:

Post a Comment