Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Juneathon day 5 - I'm on fire!

Well, just back from 9k out with the boyfriend. To say I am pleased with this run would be a massive understatement. I am over the bloody moon. 

The intention was a fairly gentle 10k. We ran considerably later than normal and so at about 4k in I was suddenly ravenously hungry and worried I was going to run out of petrol before we completed the route. Then at about 6k I completely unexpectedly got the urge for speed. I ran my 7th kilometre in 5.26 - I think this is the fastest kilometre I've ever run, certainly outside - and followed it up with another sub-6 minute k. I know this isn't particularly fast for lots of people but for me it counts as really flying along. And the cool thing is that I really felt pretty much invincible, it certainly wasn't easy to run at that pace but it wasn't particularly hard either. A sub 60 minute 10k feels doable now. I've done it on the treadmill before but never outside. 

Tomorrow I need to get up and run before work - never a natural early riser, this is a prospect which fills me with dread - so I really hope I don't pay for this evening's run with too much stiffness tomorrow. So far so good though. 

Day five - 9k in 54.50

No comments:

Post a Comment