Pages

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Juneathon day 18 - epic fail

So it seems as though there really is something wrong with my right thigh - the internet tells me it's the adductors. After yesterday's puny effort I decided to take it deliberately easy today and stick to the treadmill. Did 10 minutes at 8kph but then had to slow down to a brisk walk. I've been having twinges in the same area over the past few days and had to stop running altogether for about two weeks back at Easter time because of a similar injury. Today's pain was something that I probably could have run through if I'd really wanted to but, because I've been injured there before in a proper not-being-able-to-get-out-of-chairs way, I decided discretion was the better part of valour and didn't push it.

I upped the incline and plodded away for another 20 minutes at a brisk walk. It feels like a fail but I still managed to cover 3k, got my heart rate up and felt the burn in my calves so I guess it's better than nothing. I'm going to Glastonbury next week and have a 10k race a couple of weeks after that so I really don't want to be injured for either of those. Might be a couple more days of walking in store to keep on track with Juneathon - we'll see how it is tomorrow.

Day 18 3k in 30 minutes
Runningfree stats

No comments:

Post a Comment