Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Juneathon day 23 - back in the saddle

So the eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed the lack of Juneathon posts from me for day 21 or 22. I could fabricate some kind of attempt at exercise, or try and claim a brisk walk to Pizza Express as exercise but the truth is that I fell of the Juneathon wagon and haven't done anything the last two days. No running for a couple of days is no bad thing as I've still been having pain in my thigh, but I could probably have done something else if I'd really put my mind to it. 

Still, no use crying over spilled milk - I'm back in the saddle now and very happy about it. I'm going to Glastonbury on tuesday evening and it would have been VERY easy indeed to call a halt to Juneathon now, having missed a couple of days, since I'm not going to be able to carry it on at Glastonbury (unless briskly walking across a field carrying my own body weight in cans of lager, or spending two hours jumping up and down to the Rolling Stones counts). With that in mind then I'm pleased to have done something today. Bearing in mind my thigh problem I took it relatively easy and stuck to the treadmill. As always the plan was just to do 15 minutes, then 20, then 4k, then 5k and so on... Just as I got to 30 minutes and was about to press stop Daft Punk came to my rescue once again and kept me going for another 10. No major issues with my thigh whilst running, so assuming everything's ok tomorrow I will try for a gentle jog outside. 

Juneathon day 23 5.43k in 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment