Pages

Monday 10 June 2013

Junethon day 10 - longest running streak ever!

In last year's Juneathon day 10 was the first day that I missed, and once I missed one day it became easier to miss other days. In short, it was the day that the rot set in. So, running on day 10 in Juneathon 2013 means not only that I beat last year's performance but also represents the longest continuous exercise streak of my life. I know there are people doing Junethon who have run every day for weeks, months, even years so a 10 day streak is not very impressive by those standards, but for me it's nothing short of a miracle. And as if that isn't miraculous enough, today I got my run out of the way before work. What's happening to me??

Anyway, it's become apparent that the only way to maintain a steady moderate pace is to do it on the treadmill so I started the day with a 30 minute recovery run. As you can see the treadmill isn't in such a lovely location so all else being equal I'd rather be outside, but the it does serve its purpose in enabling me to fix a pace and stick with it (as well as still being able to run when it's raining - actually going outside to run in the rain being something which still feels impossibly hardcore). In case you are wondering, all the scary-looking weights equipment belongs to my boyfriend who is properly super-fit and spending his Juneathon lifting heavy weights and beefing up until his shirts won't do up anymore. Each to their own.

Amazingly my legs feel pretty good today after the exertions of the weekend so I added to the good work of the morning run by walking from Regent's Park to Waterloo this evening for a meeting. It's about 5k, but my route was considerably longer as I had to go in and out of most of the shops I passed en route (just to get the mileage up, you understand.) And then to top all that I ran up the escalator at Marylebone Station (breaking my strict No Running For Trains Policy) so that I could get there in time to see my train leaving without me on it. That there is why I have a No Running For Trains Policy - running for trains just ends with you being the hot, sweaty, out of breath person watching their train depart. Much better to take it easy and pretend you never wanted to get that train anyway. Anyway, missed train aside, a good day.




The delightful man cave. Not at all reminiscent of the kind of
thing you'd see in a serial killer movie.


















Day 10 4k in 30 minutes

Runningfree stats

No comments:

Post a Comment