Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Juneathon day 4 - hot weather!

I had a very ambitious plan to get up early today and run before work. I'm really, really not a morning person so this plan was always doomed to fail. Instead I brought my gear to work and ran 4k around Regent's Park at lunchtime. I had planned to do at least 5k but was beaten by a combination of super-hot weather (by the standards of what I'm used to running in, anyway), a raging thirst and a desperate need for the loo. I'm happy with the pace - 4k averaging 5.58 mins per k, and covering the last kilometer in 5.26 which is very fast for me. It's the kind of pace I'd like to be able to sustain for 10k but I'm away off that just now. I wish I had run a little further but I'm happy to have got out and done something.

Spotify got stuck on a bit of an 80s groove today, playing me three OMD tracks, one Fun Boy Three and Dead or Alive before moving onto Foals. I doubt any DJ ever has followed You Spin Me Round with Foals. It made for an interesting mix, but not necessarily one conducive to running. A new playlist may be in order.

The view from my office window. It really is a lovely day
   









Day 4 4k in 23.53
Runningfree stats

2 comments:

  1. I was running in Regent's Park at lunchtime and I agree that the heat was very hot! My second km was a full minute slower than my first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me. I sped up for my last K only because I motivated by the fact that I'd already decided to stop at 4. I also somehow managed to get lost in the park and found myself running through a big patch of brambles and stinging nettles at one point too, so that wasn't great either!

      Delete