Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Juneathon day 7 - yep, still running...

So we are a week into Juneathon. So far I've run 41.7 kilometres which is, by quite some margin, the farthest I've ever run in a week. The fact that I am still blogging a week in is awesome too. Last year it was the blogging that went before the running.  

I would have preferred to go out this morning and get my run out of the way before it got too hot but I had no clean running clothes so had to wait till this evening for some dry kit. Hmmm - could Juneathon be just the excuse I need to buy more gear? Time was ticking on so I went for fast (for me anyway) and short - about 3.7k with an average pace of 5.40 minutes per k. I'm happy with that and plan to work on sustaining that kind of pace for longer distances. It feels fast enough to count as proper running. I've got a slight twinge at the top of my right thigh now which I hope isn't going to turn into a thing. I had an injury there quite recently which put me out of running for a couple of weeks so it would be very annoying if that were to happen again.

Once again Spotify really didn't help - today it seemed to be on a bit of an 80s power ballad trip. My pace will seem all the more impressive when I tell you that I had to sustain it to the soundtrack of REO Speedwagon's I Can't Fight This Feeling. I may have to have a tighter edit of what's on my starred list (no idea how REO Speedwagon got on there in the first place. Ahem.)

Very annoyingly my Garmin seems to have had some kind of a hiccup so I can't post the proper lovely stats with map and everything - have had to enter the basic data by hand. Anyway - here are the stats:

Day 7 3.7k in 20.56

No comments:

Post a Comment